Why don't we see yellow colour in the sky?

If the glass in the sky is libyan desert glass (which is a yellow colour) then why doesn’t the sky look more yellow?

I think you just asked this in the discord. I think I will put a response here if anybody else wondered. It’s not proof but kind-of initially makes sense at a low-level

Gandalf The Green Today at 6:46 AM

That is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone ask that question. My guess is that the glass wasn’t yellow when it was still part of the firmament.

Bolt Today at 6:47 AM

Interesting, so then how do you think it became yellow?

Gandalf The Green Today at 6:48 AM

When it melted, then cooled again.

1. [6:48 AM]

And wasn’t in it’s original pure state.

1. [6:48 AM]
    I’ll ask my friend, who will have a better answer. (I believe they will!)

2. azaelia Today at 8:58 AM

libyan dessert glass is that shade basically when its all scuffed up, sand blasted, or gelled slightly etc. its still yellow but transparent typically. also crookes darkspace like in a cathode ray tube cloaks it in darkness. colors invert basically (yellow is opposite side of the color wheel) because oxygen discharging plasma glows blue in a electrically charged glass barrier.

1. [8:58 AM]

1. azaelia Today at 10:39 AM

no worries. in a way, yes. ill be as detailed as possible. glass is transparent when the crystal structure is smooth. The color of “natural glass” usually varies between green and bluish green, based on the differing amounts of naturally occurring “impurities” of iron in the sand. Even today, common glass usually has a slight green or blue tint, arising from the same types of impurities. libyan dessert glass is a special metamaterial with traces of graphite ribbons (contributing to its negative refractive and birefringent qualities) the original glass sky structure is a special laminated and homogeneous medium that is pretty much mostly transparent so it doesnt have the impurities required to absorb the light and not let it transmit. its only when it becomes scuffed and its structure becomes disorganized that it begins to look yellow due to the way the particles are arranged and wavelengths of light interact with the electrons in it. so its already transparent enough to not see it regardless because the light just passes through and it doesn’t absorb any of the colors for us to see it as yellow. it only reflects low frequencies like with certain ham radio waves in radiowave propagation. i brought up the cloaked in darkness because you mentioned why you cant see it at night time. but youd only see reflective white light caustic effects at the very most in the case of if the atmosphere wasnt being pushed because its dark behind it and there is nothing to filter as yellow in rhe first place even if it was impure enough to filter light. so youd never see it as yellow.

1. [10:39 AM]

for night time to make sure no light from below reflects back off it to create those caustics, it pushes that reflective atmosphere away from it (as you rise you rise above the glowing blue oxygen and there is little to no air around it) however to reiterate you should never see it as yellow at night time no matter what because its dark at night and only the starlight (or moonlight) passing through would be illuminating it which is pin point but is chromatically abberated (color fringe to the stars) in a hypothetical scenario in order to comprehend it better, the only time you would be able to see it as yellow is if it was scuffed or there was no blue plasma, enough light(as in space wasnt dark allowing you to see across to the otherside of the earth) and the atmosphere wasnt pushed away. in which case you might see a mostly transparent ever so slightly yellow filter over everything. and this is still dependent on how impure the glass is. but even if it was slightly, all these features would have to be present (edited)

1. [10:41 AM]

so in a nutshell, depending on how impure the glass is its very possible the glass sky would indeed be slightly yellow if if it wasnt for the electrical discharge making blue oxygen and space being dark(if light was straight and you could see through to the other side. )

1. [10:41 AM]

@Bolt forgot to @ u

1. azaelia Today at 10:51 AM

another thing to keep in mind is the glass sky being made of a special metamaterial would have to function in such a way to allow low frequency photons from one side to pass through but not the other in order to not pick up silicate with spectroscopy in the absorption spectral lines but still propagate radiowaves off of it from our side. we can make special metamaterials like this in a lab that allows light to pass through one side but not the other and this tech is used in making cloaking panels.

1. [10:52 AM]

this all has to do with the way the molecules are arranged relative to wavelength of light

1. [10:52 AM]

Photonic metamaterial - Wikipedia.

Photonic metamaterial

A photonic metamaterial (PM), also known as an optical metamaterial, is a type of electromagnetic metamaterial, that interacts with light, covering terahertz (THz), infrared (IR) or visible wavelengths. The materials employ a periodic, cellular structure. The subwavelength periodicity distinguishes photonic metamaterials from photonic band gap o…

Photonic metamaterial

1. @azaelia

no worries. in a way, yes. ill be as detailed as possible. glass is transparent when the crystal structure is smooth. The color of “natural glass” usually varies between green and bluish green, based on the differing amounts of naturally occurring “impurities” of iron in the sand. Even today, common glass usually has a slight green or blue tint, arising from the same types of impurities. libyan dessert glass is a special metamaterial with traces of graphite ribbons (contributing to its negative refractive and birefringent qualities) the original glass sky structure is a special laminated and homogeneous medium that is pretty much mostly transparent so it doesnt have the impurities required to absorb the light and not let it transmit. its only when it becomes scuffed and its structure becomes disorganized that it begins to look yellow due to the way the particles are arranged and wavelengths of light interact with the electrons in it. so its already transparent enough to not see it regardless because the light just passes through and it doesn’t absorb any of the colors for us to see it as yellow. it only reflects low frequencies like with certain ham radio waves in radiowave propagation. i brought up the cloaked in darkness because you mentioned why you cant see it at night time. but youd only see reflective white light caustic effects at the very most in the case of if the atmosphere wasnt being pushed because its dark behind it and there is nothing to filter as yellow in rhe first place even if it was impure enough to filter light. so youd never see it as yellow.

Bolt Today at 11:01 AM

So does the glass only become scuffed when it breaks off of the glass sky and falls to earth?

azaelia Today at 11:02 AM

yeah i tend to think so.

Bolt Today at 11:02 AM

Okay so I think I got it

azaelia Today at 11:03 AM

awesome. my pleasure to help. understanding all the aspects at play is important which is why i didnt just say “its transparent until it becomes more impure when it crashes to earth”

NEW

1. [11:05 AM]

because there is room for nuance of the potential that it would look yellow under specific conditions depending on its structure. which being the firmament of heaven you can imagine is very complex i believe its perpendicularly laminated with graphite ribbons in a very tight weave. there are also trace elements of titanium dioxide in libyan dessert glass which is uses in self cleaning japanese windows which causes water to disperse across its surface

azaelia Today at 11:16 AM

above the glass it still doesnt look yellow as shown by most satellite images so i would think its mostly pure and not just a matter of orientation. the key factor of libyan dessert glass being yellow is that the glass sky has the potential to be yellow if certain conditions are met but is transparent in function otherwise. (edited)

azaelia Today at 11:24 AM

example of yellow fringe in those conditions

1. [11:24 AM]

from iss

1. @azaelia

awesome. my pleasure to help. understanding all the aspects at play is important which is why i didnt just say “its transparent until it becomes more impure when it crashes to earth”

Bolt Today at 11:24 AM

Ok, but also you said something about how the starlight or moonlight would light up the glass revealing the yellowness of it but you don’t because of chromatic abberation. So what exactly do you mean by that?

1. @azaelia

example of yellow fringe in those conditions

Bolt Today at 11:26 AM

Wait but isn’t the pictures from the iss fake?

1. [11:26 AM]

Sorry I’m asking so many questions btw

azaelia Today at 11:29 AM

basically the starlight would never cause it to look yellow because its pinpoint illumination. the moon on the other hand would have the potential of being filtered yellow depending on purity of the glass/arrangement of the crystal structure of the metamaterial allowing light to pass through one side but perhaps not the other. thats why we dont see a yellow moon. also i believe most satellites except for the stereo a and b are real and inside the earth. stuff like jwst and sdo and GOES etc would just be closer than thought because light slows towards the center of heaven and so tracking them would give false distance readings. (edited)

1. [11:29 AM]

and no problem at all. all good questions

1. [11:32 AM]

the moon does become yellow at certain incident angles just due to the spectrum of light that is filtered out due to multiple aspects the glass sky included. but a constant yellow fringe doesnt happen because the glass sky is fully transparent from our orientation even if from above the glass we might get a slight yellow fringe because some of the light gets filtered out at certain incident angles(diagonal) (edited)

1. [11:33 AM]

but for all intents and purposes we can just assume its the diverging spectrum and the glass sky is fully transparent despite it adding to the yellow fringe effect at high altitudes (seen in iss during diverging light sunsets)